Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sweet Corn

It's Sweet Corn Time. YAY! We helped Uncle Derek and Aunt Casey put up their corn on Friday and on Sunday it was our turn. Between all of us we put up about 160 bags of corn. Ryan and I will have another 6 rows of corn ready soon, so the question is what to do with it. I may have to head to the Farmer's Market like I did as a kid and try selling it along with some other goodies out of my garden. Next project on the list is canning green beans, stewed tomatoes, tomato juice and of course salsa. Fun Fun!

Yummy Sweet Corn!
Ashlyn with her Nana Ackerman.

Baby Ian
Our Lil' Climber getting her hands cleaned.
The next two Danica Patricks. (She's an Indy car driver)
Our two sweeties!
Ashlyn's first corn experience.

The girl's testing out my first pie...Strawberry Pie. It was super easy and really yummy!


Best Buds
Madie and Kenna with Momo Ackerman.
Hard at work...Nana Ackerman, Momo Ackerman and Great Marker Franzen

No comments: