On Thursday, Jan. 26 I had my 38 week checkup with the nurse practitioner. She said everything was looking good and she told me then that she didn't expect me to make it to my next appointment. I left the office already dilated between a 3 1/2 - 4. She said the second I have any kind of contractions to head to the hospital as quickly as possible. How right she was...... Through the night Ryan and I got our little nightly visitor (Ashlyn) around 1:30. She did her normal toss and turn, toss and turn, toss and turn, so of course I sar there watching t.v. waiting for her to decide it was time to go back to bed. At 2:20 I had my first contraction that got my attention. I went to the living room and sat in the chair and waited. At 2:40 I had my next contraction and decided I better start getting things ready just in case. As I'm getting things ready Ryan walked into the bathroom and said, "What are you doing?" "Oh nothing doesn't everyone take a shower and get ready at 3:00 in the morning?" Ha Ha.... I told him I was having contractions and was getting ready to head to the hospital and.....he goes back to bed. Ok. During this time my contractions were getting a lot stronger. Ryan did get back up and we got the girls ready, snapped a few pictures and headed to Nana's house. On the way to the hospital my contractions were about 4 minutes apart, so Ryan stepped on the gas. We got to the hospital about 4:30 and got checked in. When the nurse checked me she said, "Oh, Wow you're at a 9 and we need to call the doctor." When the doctor arrived she broke my water at 5:26 and I had her at 5:31. Whew! Welcome to the world Hadley Sue. She weighed 6 lbs. 10 oz and was 19 inches long.
Getting ready to head out. Nice hair Makenna.
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment