Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Family History

 My Grandma Franzen, Kenna and I went to Huls Cemetary to walk around and get a family history lesson about our Franzen family.  Talk about interesting.  I'm thankful I had my camera and a pad of paper and pen so I could take notes because it was a little confusing at times.  It was neat hearing stories and listening to my Grandma talk in German and translate things into English.  Our next adventure is Beckman Cemetary to learn about more of my Ehler family.
This first picture is Ehme and Trintje Franzen. This would be Makenna, Ashlyn and Hadley's Great Great Grandpa and Grandma Franzen.
My Grandpa Franzen's mom and dad.
 My Grandpa Franzen. ♥  He died 14 days after I was born and to this day I still ask mom why she didn't get a picture of me with him. 
Makenna, Ashlyn and Hadley's Great Grandpa Franzen
 This is my Grandpa Franzen's brother Heije. He died at the age of 2 because he got into a bottle of pills without anyone knowing.
 Grandma translated this to say....
When he calls I will answer.
When she reads will I hear?
 John and Ante Franzen
This is Makenna, Ashlyn and Hadley's Great Great Great Grandpa and Grandma Franzen.
My Grandpa Franzen's grandparents.  
John and Margaret Duitsman
This would be Makenna, Ashlyn and Hadley's Great Great Great Grandpa and Grandma Duitsman.
My Grandma Franzen's grandparents.

No comments: