Thursday, July 18, 2013

Las Vegas & Lake Havasu

Ryan and I had the best trip with his Uncle Dave and Aunt Julie.  We spent a couple days in Vegas and a couple days in Lake Havasu City, Arizona visiting Ryan's cousin, Dale Swanson and his wife Laurie.  It was a GREAT trip and we can't wait to do it again.
Ahhhhhh Seeing a palm tree is always a good start to a vacation.
We stayed at the Golden Nugget, but spent most of our time at Binion's.

Last time we were in Vegas we got to see a bunch of famous poker players.  This trip our only "celebrity" sighting was the guy off of America's Got Talent.  He was dancing for money on Freemont St. ;)
 
 Enjoying our fruity drinks.
A million dollars. 
 Visiting the strip.

MJ
 
 Oh Yeah! The Rock
 Hanging out in the Venetian
We rented a car a headed to Lake Havasu.  I told Ryan before we left that I hope when we go that we are out in the middle of nowhere and there is nothing around, but desert and mountains.  Well I got what I wished for because that's what most of the ride was.  An added bonus our route took us into California.

 Nothing but desert.

 Lake Havasu
 Dale and Laurie's house.  Such a neat house..
Setting sail on Lake Havasu.
 So pretty.  A lot different from Lake Shelbyville.
 The water was a little chilly.

 Ryan with his Uncle Dave.

 We made a pit stop on the California side for a picture.




 Julie had a bird eating out of her hand while we were going down the river.
 Going for a quick swim in the Colorado River.











On the way back to Vegas we took a different route and stopped at Hoover Dam and of course we had to take a tour.









 
Until next time Vegas!
 

No comments: