Saturday, March 19, 2011

Daily Readings

Before Aunt Janet was killed she had mentioned to the women of the church about an idea she had come across. She wanted a pill bottle filled with bible verses, that people of the church submitted and each day throughout the year you had pull out a bible verse and read it out of the bible. Unfortunately, Aunt Janet never got to see this project accomplished because of her accident. Our family is so incredibly touched that thanks to Brooke Billings, her family, and other members of the church that they got this together and finished what Aunt Janet had started. My plan is to each night read the verses with the girls and talk about their Aunt Janet. We all miss her SO Incredibly much. ♥
Thank You Brooke! Love Ya!
This is what it says on the pill bottle.
The RX is 01152010 (the date Aunt Janet was killed) Women of St. Paul's Lutheran Church
Directions: Take one verse daily and read in your bible for the next 365 days. At the end of the year, refill the bottle with the verses and start again.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
Psalm 118:1
In memory of our Sister in Christ, Janet Park

2 comments:

Danitau said...

What a great idea that is to read it to the girls! I have enjoyed mine a lot! I miss Janet so much!! What a blessing she was to so many and how deeply she is missed! I think of her so often we always sat behind her and Sam at church I would just sit and admire her beauty and her BEAUTIFUL smile. I spoke with Kim this weekend my heart just aches for everyone!!

Ryan and Kari Ackerman said...

Thanks Danita!
Aunt Janet often talked about you and she just thought you were the sweetest. ♥