Saturday, April 28, 2012

5K

I ran in my first 5K in memory of Jon, Dana and Morgan Buerkett.  For those of you that don't know they were all killed in a plane crash this past July.  They were taking off from the Rantoul airport and crashed right after take off.  Their daughter Ashley made up these shirts for all the runners in the Champaign Marathon to wear and the money raised is going to different charities.  Go Team Buerkett!! ♥
I had a blast running in my first race.  I have actually learned to enjoy running and I'm already looking for another race to sign up for.  My next goal is a 10K followed by a half marathon. I don't think I'll every make it to a marathon, but I also never thought I'd ever run a 5K  because I've ALWAYS hated running.  I've already found a half marathon in Walt Dinsey World that I want to train for.  What an wonderful experience it would  be to run through Disney.
My time for this race was 29:57 and I finished 1517 out of 5037 and for my age group I finished 84 out of 408.  I'll take that for my first race.

No comments: